It is not possible to provide detailed information on running costs when using a Dimplex fire, because there are so many variables to consider – what electricity tariff will be used, how long the fire will be on for, the kW rating of the fire and whether it has a thermostat and what setting is selected on the thermostat – all these factors need to be taken into account.
However, the running costs of a Dimplex electric fire may well be less than you think. Indeed, using the flame effect only option on our range of fires fitted with LED’s in place of bulbs can cost less than £3 per annum even if the fire is used for 5 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Using UK standard average price of electricity of 14p/kWh (source: Energy Saving Trust Feb 2015)
- Optiflame LED flame effect only (eg Danesbury) = 0.1p every hour
- Optiflame conventional bulb, effect only (eg Cheriton) = 2p every hour
- Opti-myst, flame effect only (eg Oakhurst) = 3p every hour
- Opti-V single screen = 0.5p every hour
2kW fan heater, on constantly (no thermostat) = 28p every hour
Dimplex fires are also 100% efficient at point of use, unlike some open flued gas fire with a flue which can send over 50% of its heat up the chimney, and a coal fire which can lose up to 80% of its heat. A Dimplex electric fires also require little or no maintenance, saving time and money on regular check.