THE DEVONSHIRE – CONTEMPORARY FIREPLACE
The Devonshire in limestone is a new addition to Chesney’s contemporary range. It displays handsome proportions and crisp detailing with an elegant downward taper to the pilasters. Edit this
- overall size 53 1/4” (1354mm) W x 47 1/4” (1201mm) H
- opening 38” (965mm) W x 38” (965mm)H
- shelf 59 1/2” (1511mm) L x 9” (230mm) D
- depth of jamb 5 3/4” (145mm)
- height of footblock 6” (152mm)
- overall size47 3/4″ (1215mm) W x 43 3/4″ (1112mm) H
- opening34″ (864mm) W x 35″ (889mm) H
- shelf54″ (1372mm) L x 7″ (179mm) D
- depth of jamb5″ (127mm)
- height of footblock6″ (152mm)
About Chesney’s Contemporary Collection
The Chesney’s Contemporary collection combines simple modern design with clear architectural form in a series of designs that ensure that the fireplace remains the focus of the room.
The designs in the Contemporary collection have been guided by the premise that whilst the detail and form of the fireplace may have been re-imagined to suit modern tastes, its proportions should still be governed by traditional considerations that ensure its size suits the room into which it is to be installed. The Chesney’s contemporary collection contains both re-workings of classical designs and a number of entirely new designs. The former have been selected in recognition of their timeless simplicity and strong architectural form with only minor changes made in order to enhance their minimalist appeal. The new designs are defined by entirely fresh architectural form and detail that does not draw upon earlier sources and offer an innovative alternative approach to traditional fireplace design.