The Soane Pattern IV Marble Fireplace
This chimneypiece exemplifies Soane’s unique ability to re-interpret classical form and produce a design of stunning modernity. The inverted bow to the pilasters and stylised Greek Key motif could only have been conceived by Soane. The chimneypiece was originally commissioned for a property in Grosvenor Square, London in 1803.
- overall size 60″ (1524mm) W x 43 1/2″ (1106mm) H
- opening 40″ (1016mm) W x 37 1/4″ (945mm) H
- shelf 63 7/8″ (1624mm) L x 9 7/8″ (250mm) D
- depth of jamb 7 1/2″ (192mm)
- height of footblock 5″ (127mm)